Home > Tax News & Info > Refunds from MN tax law changes

Refunds from MN tax law changes

Refunds from MN tax law changes

For anyone who's return was affected by the tax law changes that MN made late into tax season, the DOR has begun to send notices informing you that your return has been changed.  They have promised to contact all those that have been affected by June 27th.  One of three things will happen if your return has been affected:

  • They will adjust your return, send a letter explaining the changes, and issue you a refund if all your tax due has been paid in full.  If you owed tax and waited to pay, they will send you an update of the amount due.
  • They could ask for more information so they can adjust your return and send you a refund.
  • Lastly, they could notify you that they cannot adjust your return and recommend that you file an amended return if you would like to receive a refund.

If no action is required on your part, we would recommend that you put the notification and explanation of changes in your 2014 tax file.  This information will be necessary when you file your 2014 tax return.

These changes will affect property tax returns and the legislature is considering additional property tax relief to those who are affected by these changes.  What that means exactly is unknown.

If you think your return should have qualified for a change and you don't hear from the department of revenue by June 27th you should call the agency at 651-296-3781 or 800-652-9094. You can also e-mail them at individual.incometax@state.mn.us.

Comments ( 0 )
  1. No comments yet.
Comments are currently closed.
Trackbacks & Pingbacks ( 0 )
  1. No trackbacks yet.
  2. Trackbacks are currently closed.